Fórum Dekadance
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

InícioPortalÚltimas imagensProcurarRegistarEntrar

WWE RAW - 12 de Outubro de 2009

Ir para baixo 
AutorMensagem
LorDekadance
CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD
CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD
LorDekadance

WWE RAW - 12 de Outubro de 2009 Empty
MensagemAssunto: WWE RAW - 12 de Outubro de 2009   WWE RAW - 12 de Outubro de 2009 Icon_minitimeDom 25 Out 2009 - 11:27

Before I get to Raw, I want to hit on a couple of news items quickly.

• There was a big article written by the Associated Press that was in a bunch of newspapers, which you can read here. The highlight of the article was Vince McMahon calling his product, "sophisticated," which is kind of like Mark Henry calling himself skinny. The article makes no mention of the fact that the guest host concept has done very little to help ratings and that PPV buys are down this year compared to last year, which was also a down year. But hey, everything's great in WWE according to Vince. Of course it is because nobody that works for him will tell him otherwise.

• The No Way Out PPV is now going to be called WWE Elimination Chamber. I'm not crazy about it. I liked the No Way Out name, but I guess the fans decided on it. Word came out this week that there's another survey out where you could rename Judgment Day to Riot Control, Wargames or Multimania. Wargames better win and they better bust out the double ring with the cage like WCW did. I loved that concept so much. Of course WWE probably will do a shitty version of it if they actually get to that point. I almost want Multimania to win simply because it's the worst name I've ever seen them come up with and I want to make fun of it.

• Looks like Booker T. will probably be back in WWE by the end of the year. His contract in TNA is up in November, he's unhappy there and apparently WWE wants him back on Smackdown. I've always liked him although you can clearly see he's lost a step in the ring due to age (he's in his early 40s). Still, he's an above average talker and is definitely willing to put over younger guys although apparently not in TNA lately.

That's it. There's more I could talk about, but this is going to be long enough as is, so let's just get to Raw.

--------------------------------------------

We open the show with Jericho talking to us about being team captain for Team Smackdown at the Bragging Rights PPV. He gets interrupted by guest host Nancy O'Dell, who then tells us that he's not going to open her show. She wants DX to. Cue the DX entrance with HHH coming out solo. Shawn's not there, he's at home with his sick daughter. I'm assuming they just used that because he wants to work less and they're probably going to give him a week off once in a while. Hunter called Shawn, his machine got it and it was HBK singing a variation of his theme song as his message. Could have been funnier. Anyway, the DX guys are the captains of Team Raw in this 7 on 7 tag match. Why 7 on 7? I have no idea. Out came Jerishow. Hunter called them that, by the way. Love that the name is picking up steam. Jericho said how great Smackdown was while Hunter said it sucked, basically, then mocked the Great Khali during this. Jericho should have mentioned that Smackdown has been great ever since HHH hasn't been on it. Oh right, it's Raw. We have to pretend like HHH is the best ever. Hunter busted out his usual gay innuendo by saying Jericho was the pitcher while Show was the catcher. Gay innuendo by the 40 year old father of two that's the son-in-law of a wannabe US Senator? Yep, that's sophisticated. The whole point of this was to turn Jerishow against eachother since Show is a Raw wrestler. Jericho made fun of him for being owned by Shaq while Show mentioned Bob Barker owning Jericho to which Jericho said again that he'd fight Barker anytime. Man, Chris rules. By the end of this all, we got a match pitting Show against Jericho. If Show wins he's on Team Raw. If he loses he is not.

Big Show d. Chris Jericho via countout
This was mostly an angle with some comedy thrown in. I loved Jericho selling the Big Show chops. His facial expressions are great. I liked the spot where Jericho went for the Codebreaker, Show countered it, put him on the top and Jericho bitchslapped him only to be knocked to the floor by Show. The finish was Jericho feigning a knee injury, Show bought it and Jericho slid in. Before he could make it in to break the count, Show pulled him back and broke the count himself to make Team Raw. I really don't see this as a sign of the team breaking up. It will be in early 2010, but not yet.

Backstage, my girl Maria Menounos (also on Access Hollywood with Nancy O'Dell) interviewed the Legacy boys. She informed them that only one of them will be on Team Raw. There's a triple threat match later, whoever wins that would be on the team. The other person in the match is John Cena. Maria did a better job interviewing than any WWE chick has although that's not a surprise since it's what she does for a living.

Jillian Hall d. Mickie James to become the NEW Divas Champion
I'm not really sure who Mickie pissed off to lose in about 90 seconds. Remember when she lost to Beth in like a minute a couple weeks back? Weird. Jillian won with a powerbomb type counter out of the corner with her feet on the ropes. I was genuinely happy for Jillian. I like her as a performer. She's a decent enough worker for a woman in WWE and she's put up with so much shit in the company (remember that stupid growth on her face?) that I was excited about seeing her hold the belt. Of course, it didn't last long.

The guest host Nancy O'Dell announced a divas trade. You know, a person in charge of the show for one day trading people is like somebody getting a key to the city and changing laws. Everybody has to abide by it even though the person has no power. Anyway, Mickie was tossed aside and Nancy told us Jillian would defend the belt right now against Raw's newest diva.

Melina d. Jillian Hall to become Divas Champion
The "new" diva is the same one that cried when she got drafted to Smackdown in April and is now back after basically wrestling McCool the whole time. They botched the original leg drop finisher thing, then she did her flipping powerbomb (kinda like Amazing Red's "Code Red" move) for the win.

Here's the "big" diva trade they talked about:
    To Raw: Melina, Eve Torres and The Bellas. Melina's the Divas champ and she'll probably be feuding with Maryse since she's due back any week now. In ring Melina's fine. When she tries to act, she's brutal. I really miss the heel Melina we saw before WWE was PG, though. She was amazingly sexy in that role. I like Eve. She looks like a good athlete and you can tell she wants to get better. The Bellas have moved from Smackdown to Raw to ECW to Raw again since April's draft lottery. Keep this in mind even though they've been on Raw a lot with the various guest hosts, but now they're officially on Raw. My head hurts.

To Smackdown: Mickie James and Beth Phoenix. My favorite diva (Mickie) on my favorite show is a good thing although I'll miss seeing her on Mondays. Now Smackdown has Mickie, Beth, Michelle and Natalya, all of whom are pretty good in the ring. I wanted Mickie to turn heel, but the other three SD chicks that know how to work are all heels, so I assume she'll just feud with McCool. There's also Layla and Maria, who aren't as good, but I don't expect either of them to be in the title picture. Smackdown clearly has the better women wrestlers.

To ECW: Rosa Mendez. At least they moved her where she probably won't wrestle on TV anymore since she always looked uncomfortable and I always worried somebody might get her due to her being sloppy. She'll train more in Florida and hopefully she can improve.

I like trades. They never did trades in previous years. It's a good way to shake the rosters up without having to do the draft lottery thing, which should be once a year.

Next week's guest host: Snoop Dogg. At least he's known worldwide. I am already dreading Michael Cole busting out some Snoop-isms. He did a few during this show. It's brutal.

Backstage, HHH talked to a cardboard cutout of HBK while he had HBK on the phone. Horny walked in dressed like HBK, Shawn saw it on TV and threw a fit. Hunter rolled around the floor with Horny, mocking a fight. The best part was Horny kicking down the HBK cutout, which Lawler called "sweet knee music." That's the funniest thing Lawler has said in years. This segment? You guessed it, very sophisticated.

More comedy backstage. Santino walked up to Nancy and Maria (the guest host, not the WWE diva). He tried to be an anchor on their show when Beth walked in acting pissed about being traded to Smackdown. Why does it even matter what show you're on? Maria said everybody wanted to see Beth off Raw, Beth threatened her (I think she called her a "Greek Barbie Doll") and Santino decided to make a match for the guest hosts with Maria involved. The highlight of this was at the end when Santino told Beth, as she was out of the picture, that when they were intimate he faked his organisms. Dude is funny. Always makes me genuinely laugh at least once or twice every week.

Cody Rhodes d. Ted Dibiase & John Cena in a triple threat
The story was the Legacy boys were teaming up to go after Cena. Like every other one of these matches, that tactic didn't work long term as they tried to steal pins. The funniest part of the match, to me, was Michael Cole trying to throw to commercial while Ted pinned him. Then Ted chucked him out and off we went. I was almost applauding a commercial break that wasn't obvious. Cena got the STF on, Orton showed up at ringside and Michael Cole peed himself yelling "VIPER!" at the top of his lungs. That distracted Cena enough, so Cody rolled up Ted to win. Cena smiled as he backed up. Yes, he lost a match (without getting pinned of course) and he loves it because Legacy was arguing. Rhodes is on Team Raw.

Post match, Nancy the deal maker announced that the main event would be Legacy vs. Cena & Orton.

Jack Swagger d. MVP
Hey, they actually mentioned they wrestled at Summerslam. I'm sure this is going to be gr…and it's over. Just like that. Less than three minutes and MVP, who beat Chris Jericho clean about a month ago, loses clean. He's not on the next PPV. I like Swagger, but shit, MVP should be used better than this. I thought they finally started to use MVP the right way and then they did this. Swagger's on Team Raw.

Time for the weekly Legacy backstage segment. Basically, Orton told them not to think about pinning him and that he would make sure Cena doesn't tag him in. Gee, I wonder what's going to happen.

Kofi Kingston d. Evan Bourne
Another potentially good match that only got about three minutes. You know it's going to be a fast match when, two minutes in, guys are selling moves like they've been in there for 30 minutes. How can they get new stars over when the fans aren't used to them having any matches of significant length? Kofi won with the Trouble in Paradise while Bourne was jumping off the top to provide us with a cool visual ending. See how much Kofi celebrated after the win? He thinks he's getting a push. I don't think he is. Kofi is on Team Raw.

More comedy with Hunter the McMahon Family Avenger as Nancy and Maria – decked out in a tight outfit with a lovely Greek~! flag on the chest – came in. I don't know what happened. I was bursting in pride (and something else) staring at Maria. I love my girlfriend, but if Maria Menounos showed up at my door in that outfit we could get married immediately. Anyway, Hunter had some perverted jokes like usual, then Chavo came in asking to be on Team Raw and Hunter basically listened to everything he said, and then had Maria kick him in the balls. Somewhere a university professor that is smoking his pipe and looking at the newspaper to see his stock options watched that segment and thought: "That is not just sophistication; that is art." Chavo has now been beaten up by Hornswoggle, Bob Barker and Maria Menounos.

This week on ECW: Christian & Yoshi Stereotype (wait, that's not his last name?) vs. William Regal & Zach Ryder. This match will probably get more time than the five shortest matches on this week's Raw and it 's only a one hour show.

Kelly x2, Gail & Maria Menounos d. Beth, Alicia & Rosa
Alicia, feel free to plan my wedding with Maria. If we make out, I'll make sure to not have a camera present. As much as I love Maria, the video of her movie looked brutal. If that's one of the funniest clips it's not going to be pretty. Maria did some hair tosses and kicks while in there. She looked better than Rosa ever has. Then again, I'm biased. Kelly got the pin. Does it really matter? No. Beth, have fun on SD. It's the better show.

The Miz came out, he's wrestling Morrison at Bragging Rights. They're both holding secondary title belts. And no Miz, you're not the best team of the 21st century. Edge and Christian are. Then the Hardy's. He busted out a Richard Simmons reference to mock Morrison. Yeah, because mentioning a gay fitness guru in his 60s is catering to that coveted kids demographic that Vinny Mac loves so much. That's sophistication.

At Bragging Rights, Team Raw consisting of HHH, Michaels, Show, Rhodes, Kingston, Swagger and Kool-Aid Henry (he beats Masters on Superstars, what a stunner!) takes on seven from Smackdown with Jericho being one of them. I have so many questions: Who decided on 7 on 7? Is it an elimination tag? What does the winning team win? Oh right, they get Bragging Rights. As long as nobody reaches their Breaking Point everything will be okay.

Before the main event started, Randy Orton said he just got off the phone with Snoop about next week's main event. Yeah, because when I think of people that are tight with rappers it's the guy that hears voices in his head.

Ted Dibiase & Cody Rhodes d. Randy Orton & John Cena
They beat up Cena, he tagged in Orton against Randy's will. Things broke down. Ted pinned Randy to set up his eventual (and probably rushed) face turn. Orton was pissed that he got pinned I guess because the voices in his head like to tell him that he's a winner. A guy that has survived brutal beatings only to still win matches got pinned clean on a rollup after taking zero bumps. Yeah, this wasn't rushed at all. Post match, Cena gave Orton the Attitude Adjustment just to make Orton's terrible night that much worse.

Next week: John Cena vs. Triple H. Here's the finish. Legacy comes out. The Smackdown team comes out. The Raw team saves HHH and Cena. Everybody brawls to end the match in a DQ as the show goes off the air. There. You don't even need to watch.

Oh, and Cena's not losing in the Ironman match. Since My Network TV doesn't even count as a network channel anymore and they don't release ratings there's little chance that Vince is going to put his top guy on that show. That's better, anyway. Don't ruin my Smackdown!

----------------------------------------

Good storyline progression although the show felt rushed in a lot of ways. It was as if they realized they have a PPV to set up in a couple of weeks, and they decided the best way to set it up was to have a bunch of short matches. When you see guys like Cena and Legacy work twice to try to get their angle over it lets you know that things are going too fast. Technically there were 8 matches on this show, 6 of them went under 5 minutes and only one of them went over 10 minutes. I'm not a fan of rushing matches, or having people work more than once.

From a comedy standpoint, a lot of the stuff they did actually worked, which is better than the norm. It's just that there might be a little too much. You don't really sell PPVs with the jokes. You sell them with… yep, you guessed it… a sophisticated product. Right Vince?

Three Stars of the Show
1. Maria Menounos!
2. Mickie James – I'll miss her on Raw.
3. Santino – The organism line was gold.
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
http://www.dekadance.forum.st

WWE RAW - 12 de Outubro de 2009
Ir para o topo 
Página 1 de 1

Permissões neste sub-fórumNão podes responder a tópicos
Fórum Dekadance :: NOVIDADES :: Wrestling & MMA-
Ir para:  
Criar um fórum | ©phpBB | Fórum gratuito de ajuda | Denunciar um abuso | Fórum grátis